CFSL Kolkata Recruitment 2026: Stenographer Grade-I



Government Job Alert

CFSL Kolkata Recruitment 2026: Stenographer Grade-I

Deputation Vacancy at Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Kolkata | MHA, Govt. of India

Introduction

The Office of the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), Kolkata is accepting applications to fill two positions for Stenographer Grade-I. The vacancy will be filled via deputation, targeting qualified ministerial officers under the Central Government.

Vacancy Highlights

CFSL Kolkata Recruitment 2026 — Key Details
Criteria Details
Organization Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Kolkata
Post Name Stenographer Grade-I
Total Vacancies 02 Posts
Nature of Recruitment Deputation
Deadline Within two months from the date of issue

Organization Details

CFSL Kolkata operates under the Directorate of Forensic Science Services (DFSS), Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. The headquarters are situated at New Town, Kolkata.

Post-wise Vacancy Details

Post Name Number of Vacancies
Stenographer Grade-I 2

Eligibility Criteria

Parameter Requirement
Classification General Central Service, Group-B, Non-Gazetted, Ministerial
Core Eligibility Officers holding the post of Stenographer under the Central Government holding an analogous post on a regular basis; OR with 6 years of regular service in Level-5; OR with 10 years of regular service in Level-4
Pay Level Pay Level-6 (Rs. 35,400 – 1,12,400) in the Pay Matrix
Age Limit Not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of application receipt
Deputation Period Ordinarily shall not exceed three years
Note: Departmental officers in the feeder category in the direct line of promotion are not eligible for consideration on deputation basis.

Selection Process

Selection will follow the vetting of standard proformas, including verification of Bio-data, Integrity, and Vigilance Clearance Certificates.

Important: Nominations received without Integrity and Vigilance Clearance Certificates will be summarily rejected.

How to Apply

The application, in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I), must be sent through the proper channel to the address below.

Application Address:
Director,
Central Forensic Science Laboratory,
Directorate of Forensic Science Services, MHA, Govt. of India,
DJ-10/1, Action Area-1D, New Town, Kolkata – 700160

Important Dates

Event Date
Application Deadline Within two months from the date of issue of this advertisement

Official Email

For queries related to this recruitment, applicants may contact the official email: dircfsl-kol@gov.in

Contact CFSL Kolkata Office →

Why You Should Apply

This role provides Central Government stenographers in Level-4 or Level-5 a structured pathway to advance into a Level-6 position within an established MHA institutional framework in Kolkata.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. Are feeder category departmental officers allowed to apply?

A1. No, departmental officers in the direct line of promotion are not eligible for consideration on a deputation basis.

Q2. What will happen if I submit my application without a vigilance clearance certificate?

A2. The nomination will be summarily rejected, and no communication will be made regarding the matter.

Comments